Set your company apart with great content that attracts technical audiences
If you are looking for a B2B copywriter who likes to delve into complex subjects, who can make your content accessible, and who can convince technical audiences to buy from you, then look no further.
Give me a call when you want to:
- Start a company blog or content marketing series
- Compile an eBook, whitepaper or big content piece that generates leads
- Increase the open and click rate of your e-mails
- Brainstorm about topics for your content marketing program
- Sharpen the focus of your website
- Write customer stories that explain how people need to use your technology
- Grab a coffee and want to exchange ideas
Why I love copywriting for technology companies
I started my career as a linguist at a company called Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products. Back in 1999, we all thought that speech technology would turn our world into a Star Trek movie. Although that didn’t happen, there are still phone applications out there that use the text-to-speech voice I helped build.
In 2003, I joined the marketing team of visualization specialist Barco. Again, it struck me what amazing things technology can do. There I learned to understand what technical buyers want and how we should talk to them.
Technology shows us a glimpse of human ingenuity. It improves the quality of life and at the same time, it makes our economy. In my career as a marketer and copywriter, I have seen so many great companies that are terrible at promoting themselves. Maybe they don’t see the point of marketing. Maybe they are skeptical and don’t think that marketing can work for critical technical audiences.
I like to prove them wrong. I agree that the days of loud, intrusive marketing are over. But with a targeted message, an authentic voice and a little perseverance, technology companies can easily distinguish themselves from their marketing-shy competitors.
Copywriting & content marketing for global clients
I am based in Belgium, but I love to travel and work for global clients. To give you an idea of my previous international work, I have …
- Made a video success story about traffic cameras in Rion-Antirion, Greece
- Seen how you need to protect an oil refinery from intruders in Burgas, Bulgaria
- Interviewed operations managers from waste-to-energy plants in Jönköping, Sweden
- Visited one of the biggest European agribusiness shows in Paris
- Reported on the performance of video walls in Lisbon’s amazing REFER control center
- Worked on application stories with customers from India, China, the US and the UK
I have about 15 years of marketing and copywriting experience. I have worked as a copywriter and marketing manager for a variety of B2B and tech companies. In 2017, I turned to full-time freelancing.
Here are a few random facts about me:
- If I’m not copywriting or consulting, I indulge in far too many hobbies, including playing the guitar, reading, shopping for vinyl and running,
- If you’re into the whole Myers-Briggs personality type thing, I’m probably leaning towards INTP, which explains why I used to love drawing comic books, while the other kids were playing outside.
- I have been mistaken for Johnny Bosman when he was playing for R.S.C. Anderlecht, which hurt my feelings at the time, since I have always been an F.C. Bruges fan.
- If I really have to choose: The Stones.
Let’s get to know each other a little better.
Let me know how I can help you with copywriting, content strategy or training.